An overview of the IMDG Code Amendment 39-18 Corrigenda published in December 2019 by the International Maritime Organization.
Many of the changes are minor text corrections and improvements including:
- minor text corrections to the classification provisions in 2.4.2, 2.5.3, 2.8.3, and 2.9.2
- numerous revisions to the entries in the segregation groups so that the PSNs match their relevant DGL entry
- UN1512 removed from segregation groups 2, 7 and 12
- in the dangerous goods list (*) there have been numerous changes to UN Number entries to reflect:
- repositioning of SGG codes above SG codes to provide consistent ordering
- corrections to replace spillage provisions with underlined equivalents to take into account the special cases that apply to marine pollutants
- updates to many entries which contain reference to explosive limits in properties and observations to clarify that those references are made to ‘lower’ explosive limits
- the following specific changes in the dangerous goods list:
- UN1011 – correction to misplaced SP392 in the books
- UN1016 – correction to misplaced SP974 in the books
- UN1512 – Segregation groups SGG2, SGG7 and SGG12 deleted from column 16b
- UN1712 – correction to the PSN
- UN1748, pg III – added ‘SGG8’ to column 16b
- UN1758 – Update to the properties and observation column by deleting ‘In the presence of moisture, highly corrosive to most metals’
- UN2216 – reference to deleted SP945 removed
- UN3090/91 – both now have full text provided in the properties and observation column
- UN3219, pg II – now has SP900 added to match the pg III entry
- UN3389 – now has the full text provided in the properties and observation column
- UN3543 – the PSN is corrected, ARTICLES CONTAINING A SUBSTANCE WHICH IN CONTACT WITH WATER EMITS FLAMMABLE GASES N.O.S.
- amendment and deletion of some special provisions
- several minor updates to the table of specimen labels in 126.96.36.199.2
- minor corrections to the text of and presentation of the SG codes in 7.2.8
- SG29 and SG50 are now specifically referenced in the text in 188.8.131.52.2
(*) Note: Many of these changes apply to the printed books only and are either ok in the digital copies or not applicable.
These changes were current at the time of production
This is a guide only. Users must check with official sources before relying on the information
Exis Technologies accepts no responsibility for errors or omissions.