IMDG Code Amendment 39-18 Corrigenda now available
The International Maritime Organization has recently published a Corrigenda to Amendment 39-18.
Many of the changes are minor text corrections and improvements including:
- minor text corrections to the classification provisions in 2.4.2, 2.5.3, 2.8.3, and 2.9.2
- numerous revisions to the entries in the segregation groups so that the PSNs match their relevant DGL entry
- UN1512 removed from segregation groups 2, 7 and 12
- in the dangerous goods list (*) there have been numerous changes to UN Number entries to reflect:
- repositioning of SGG codes above SG codes to provide consistent ordering
- corrections to replace spillage provisions with underlined equivalents to take into account the special cases that apply to marine pollutants
- updates to many entries which contain reference to explosive limits in properties and observations to clarify that those references are made to ‘lower’ explosive limits
- the following specific changes in the dangerous goods list:
- UN1011 – correction to misplaced SP392 in the books
- UN1016 – correction to misplaced SP974 in the books
- UN1512 – segregation groups SGG2, SGG7 and SGG12 deleted from column 16b
- UN1712 – correction to the PSN UN1748, pg III – added ‘SGG8’ to column 16b
- UN1758 – Update to the properties and observation column by deleting ‘In the presence of moisture, highly corrosive to most metals’
- UN2216 – reference to deleted SP945 removed
- UN3090/91 – both now have full text provided in the properties and observation column
- UN3219, pg II – now has SP900 added to match the pg III entry
- UN3389 – now has the full text provided in the properties and observation column
- UN3543 – the PSN is corrected, ARTICLES CONTAINING A SUBSTANCE WHICH IN CONTACT WITH WATER EMITS FLAMMABLE GASES N.O.S.
- amendment and deletion of some special provisions
- several minor updates to the table of specimen labels in 126.96.36.199.2
- minor corrections to the text of and presentation of the SG codes in 7.2.8
- SG29 and SG50 are now specifically referenced in the text in 188.8.131.52.2
(*) Note: Many of these changes apply to the printed books only and are either ok in the digital copies or not applicable.
- These changes were current at the time of production
- This is a guide only. Users must check with official sources before relying on the information
Exis Technologies accepts no responsibility for errors or omissions.