The Dangerous Goods Transport General Awareness course is for those who need a familiarisation with dangerous goods transport regulations and an awareness of the duties that arise from them.
The Dangerous Goods Transport General Awareness course fully meets the awareness training requirements in 184.108.40.206.1 of the IMDG Code (Amdt 40-20), 220.127.116.11 of the ADR Agreement and RID Regulations and also highlights requirements in the air transport regulations and the 49 CFR domestic dangerous goods regulations.
It is ideal for warehouse personnel, clerical workers, administrators, managers, customer service and/or sales personnel and others who have a very limited direct involvement in dangerous goods shipping or transport activities but need a general appreciation of the regulations.
The course includes these sections:
- Course scope and objectives
- Dangerous goods transport legislation
- Classification and identification
- Consignment and transport procedures
- The journey rules – operational consideration
- Emergency response issues
There is an assessment at the end of the course once all content has been reviewed, and a course completion dangerous goods awareness certificate.
Please consider one of our function specific courses if more than a familiarisation with the IMDG Code’s requirements is required.
The course is available in English and Spanish. Amendment 40-20 Spanish version available in May 2021. Pre-order now for delivery in May.
IMDG Code e-learning was developed in collaboration with the International Maritime Organization and is certified by Det Norske Veritas.
- Compliance – meets the awareness training requirements for IMDG
Code, ADR and RID and highlights requirements for air and 49 CFR.
- Cost-effective – typically a fraction of expensive classroom time and less
disruptive than absence from work
- Flexible learning – courses are taken at the student’s own pace or to a
timetable set by management.
- Course management – administrator function to monitor and manage any
number of students in local, regional or global training programs. Records
are maintained in the administrator system and can be made available to
employees and competent authorities.
- Certificate – online test at the end of the course with a final course completion
certificate. Verified certificate option available.
- Safety – produced by dangerous goods transport specialists
- Efficiency – delivers consistent training standards across global operations,
especially relevant to corporate quality assurance programmes
- Up to date – courses are updated in line with Amendment and Errata changes
- Customisation – courses can be customised to incorporate company specific procedures and policies.