Hazcheck Web Service allows companies to integrate the most current dangerous goods regulations into computer-based systems. It is an IMDG Code web API version of Hazcheck Toolkits, a set of dangerous goods data packages and routines for incorporation into cargo booking, handling, ERP and planning systems (for example, SAP and Oracle EBS) that have been used globally by container lines and ports for over ten years. It offers IMDG Code Amendment 40-20 compliance and the additional provisions and/or variations applicable when using the 49 CFR, ADR, TDG and RID regulations with the IMDG Code.
The ‘off the shelf’ web solutions offered by Hazcheck Web Service are:
- Dangerous Goods List databases: check data including UN numbers, proper shipping names, variants, classes, subrisks, packaging and flashpoints. Wildcard searches supported.
- Segregation/stowage routines: calculate the segregation requirements between containers/vehicles containing incompatible dangerous goods or segregation within CTUs. Identifies if shipments are permitted on or under deck on cargo, passenger ships, in tanks, limited and excepted quantities.
- Packaging routines: check that packaging is compliant and does not exceed maximum permitted weight or capacity
- Restrictions and prohibitions: check against customer specific, vessel or location restrictions as entered on a case by case basis.
Hazcheck Web Service provides service oriented access to the functionality of Hazcheck Toolkits using Microsoft Windows Communication Foundation (WCF).
Further information is available in our Hazcheck Web Services document. Please contact us to request a copy.
- Outsourcing expertise – detailed knowledge of IMDG Code 40-20, 49 CFR, ADR, TDG and RID regulations not required as Hazcheck Web Service offers ‘off the shelf’ routines
- Fast implementation – implement the integration of the dangerous goods module into your system much quicker.
- Peace of mind – customers can concentrate on their overall IT system, not specific requirements such as the dangerous goods functionality
- Quality assured data – the validation system has been in use for over ten years
- Current data – Hazcheck Web Service is constantly updated with the latest regulations