The IMDG Code Advanced training course is aimed at senior dangerous goods managers/dangerous goods safety advisers (DGSA’s) who require detailed training on all the main aspects of the IMDG Code provisions.
The IMDG Code Advanced course provides:
- An introduction to the IMDG Code
- An overview of the IMDG Code general provisions
- In-depth training on
- dangerous goods classification and identification provisions
- packing requirements
- package marking and labelling requirements
- CTU marking and placarding requirements
- documentation requirements and completion requirements
- stowage requirements
- the segregation requirements within a CTU
- the segregation requirements for CTUs containing dangerous goods when loaded on vessels
- the requirements for limited quantities and excepted quantities shipments
- Training on
- the use of CTUs
- incident and fire prevention and emergency response procedures in a port and on board a ship
- the International Convention for Safe Containers
- dangerous goods in port areas
The course can be purchased with additional modules, a 49 CFR and an ADR module, which look at additional requirements in those regulations when shipping under IMDG Code provisions.
The Amendment 40-20 courses are open book and include hyperlinks in the course to help with your training experience.
The IMDG training advanced online course includes tests at the end of each element to ensure an understanding of learning topics and a final course completion certificate. A verified option of the IMDG Code certificate is available.
IMDG Code e-learning is a Certified Det Norske Veritas Learning Programme
- Compliance – meets the mandatory training requirements in the IMDG
Code for all those involved in the transport of dangerous goods by sea
- Cost-effective – typically a fraction of expensive classroom time and less
disruptive than absence from work
- Flexible learning – courses are taken at the student’s own pace or to a
timetable set by management
- Course management – administrator function to monitor and manage any
number of students in local, regional or global training programs. Records
are maintained in the administrator system and can be made available to
employees and competent authorities
- Certificate – tests at the end of each element ensure understanding
of learning topics, with marks combined in a final course completion
certificate. Verified certificate option available
- Safety – produced by dangerous goods transport specialists
- Efficiency – delivers consistent training standards across global operations,
especially relevant to corporate quality assurance programmes
- Up to date – courses are updated in line with Amendment and Errata changes
- Customisation – courses can be customised to incorporate company specific procedures and policies.