The IMDG Code Ship Loader Amendment 40-20 course is training for personnel responsible for and/or directly involved in ship loading/unloading operations.
This IMDG Code Ship Loader course provides:
- An introduction to the IMDG Code
- An overview of
- IMDG Code general provisions
- dangerous goods classification and identification provisions
- packing requirements
- package marking and labelling requirements
- documentation requirements
- requirements for limited quantities and excepted quantities shipments
- additional provisions concerning transport including emergency response provisions
- In-depth training on
- CTU marking and placarding requirements
- stowage requirements
- segregation requirements within a CTU
- segregation requirements for CTUs containing dangerous goods when loaded on vessels
- Training on incident and fire prevention in port and onboard ship
The course can be purchased with additional modules, a 49 CFR and an ADR module, which look at additional requirements in those regulations when shipping under IMDG Code provisions.
The Amendment 40-20 courses are open book and include hyperlinks in the course to help with your training experience.
The IMDG training ship loader online course includes tests at the end of each element to ensure an understanding of learning topics and a final course completion certificate. A verified option of the IMDG Code certificate is available.
IMDG Code e-learning was developed in collaboration with the International Maritime Organization and is certified by Det Norske Veritas.
We also have an Introduction to the CTU Code course which provides an introduction to the CTU Code, its development and objectives.
- Compliance – meets the mandatory training requirements in the IMDG
Code for all those involved in the transport of dangerous goods by sea
- Cost-effective – typically a fraction of expensive classroom time and less
disruptive than absence from work
- Flexible learning – courses are taken at the student’s own pace or to a
timetable set by management
- Course management – administrator function to monitor and manage any
number of students in local, regional or global training programs. Records
are maintained in the administrator system and can be made available to
employees and competent authorities
- Certificate – tests at the end of each element ensure understanding
of learning topics, with marks combined in a final course completion
certificate. Verified certificate option available
- Safety – produced by dangerous goods transport specialists
- Efficiency – delivers consistent training standards across global operations,
especially relevant to corporate quality assurance programmes
- Up to date – courses are updated in line with Amendment and Errata changes
- Customisation – courses can be customised to incorporate company specific procedures and policies.