The IMDG Code Ship Operator Amendment 40-20 course is training for personnel responsible for and/or involved with managing the operation of a vessel carrying dangerous goods.
GET YOUR ‘IMO’S WORLD MARITIME DAY’ DISCOUNT CODE HERE FOR 30% OFF THIS COURSE FROM 30 SEPTEMBER – 6 OCTOBER 2021. DISCOUNT CODE COMING SOON!!
The IMDG Code Ship Operator course provides:
- An introduction to the IMDG Code
- An overview of
- IMDG Code general provisions
- packing requirements
- package marking and labelling requirements
- In-depth training on
- dangerous goods classification and identification provisions
- CTU marking and placarding requirements
- documentation requirements and completion procedures
- stowage requirements
- segregation requirements within a CTU
- segregation requirements for CTUs containing dangerous goods when loaded on vessels
- requirements for limited quantities and excepted quantities shipments
- Training on
- incident and fire prevention and emergency response procedures in a port and on board a ship
- the International Convention for Safe Containers
- dangerous goods in port areas
The course can be purchased with additional modules, a 49 CFR and an ADR module, which look at additional requirements in those regulations when shipping under IMDG Code provisions.
The Amendment 40-20 courses are open book and include hyperlinks in the course to help with your training experience.
The IMDG training ship operator online course includes tests at the end of each element to ensure an understanding of learning topics and a final course completion certificate. A verified option of the IMDG Code certificate is available.
IMDG Code e-learning is a Certified Det Norske Veritas Learning Programme
- Compliance – meets the mandatory training requirements in the IMDG
Code for all those involved in the transport of dangerous goods by sea
- Cost-effective – typically a fraction of expensive classroom time and less
disruptive than absence from work
- Flexible learning – courses are taken at the student’s own pace or to a
timetable set by management
- Course management – administrator function to monitor and manage any
number of students in local, regional or global training programs. Records
are maintained in the administrator system and can be made available to
employees and competent authorities
- Certificate – tests at the end of each element ensure understanding
of learning topics, with marks combined in a final course completion
certificate. Verified certificate option available
- Safety – produced by dangerous goods transport specialists
- Efficiency – delivers consistent training standards across global operations,
especially relevant to corporate quality assurance programmes
- Up to date – courses are updated in line with Amendment and Errata changes
- Customisation – courses can be customised to incorporate company specific procedures and policies.