The IMDG Code Standard course Amendment 40-20 is IMDG training online for general shipping personnel such as booking office staff, administrators, customer support and office personnel who require a sound working knowledge of the IMDG Code and dangerous goods shipping requirements.
This Function Specific course is designed to meet the training requirements in 126.96.36.199.1 and 188.8.131.52.2 of the IMDG Code. It provides suitable function specific IMDG training online for those personnel who may not be covered by the more ‘hands on’ Function Specific courses.
The IMDG Code Standard course provides:
- An introduction to the IMDG Code
- An overview of
- the IMDG Code general provisions
- dangerous goods classification and identification provisions
- package marking and labelling requirements
- CTU marking and placarding requirements
- stowage requirements
- segregation requirements
- requirements for limited quantities and excepted quantities shipments
- additional provisions concerning transport, including emergency response provisions
- In-depth training on documentation requirements and completion procedures
The course can be purchased with additional modules, a 49 CFR and an ADR module, which look at additional requirements in those regulations when shipping under IMDG Code provisions.
The Amendment 40-20 courses are open book and include hyperlinks in the course to help with your training experience.
The online training course includes tests at the end of each element to ensure an understanding of learning topics and a final course completion certificate. A verified option of the IMDG Code certificate is available.
IMDG Code e-learning is a Certified Det Norske Veritas Learning Programme
- Compliance – meets the mandatory training requirements in the IMDG
Code for all those involved in the transport of dangerous goods by sea
- Cost-effective – typically a fraction of expensive classroom time and less
disruptive than absence from work
- Flexible learning – courses are taken at the student’s own pace or to a
timetable set by management.
- Course management – administrator function to monitor and manage any
number of students in local, regional or global training programs. Records
are maintained in the administrator system and can be made available to
employees and competent authorities.
- Certificate – tests at the end of each element ensure understanding
of learning topics, with marks combined in a final course completion
certificate. Verified certificate option available.
- Safety – produced by dangerous goods transport specialists
- Efficiency – delivers consistent training standards across global operations,
especially relevant to corporate quality assurance programmes
- Up to date – courses are updated in line with Amendment and Errata changes
- Customisation – courses can be customised to incorporate company specific procedures and policies.